All teachers know that warm-ups and exit tickets are important (and in some schools, they are a vital piece of a teacher evaluation) and are a quick way to access student knowledge. BUT, do your students get tired of and bored with the same kind? And do you dread creating and grading endless, sometimes tedious, sheets of paper (often with no name?)
Introducing…”Beginnings and Beyond,” quick assessments in Google Sheets that your students will actually enjoy doing. Not only are they SELF-CHECKING but your students won’t remember they are practicing important concepts because they will actually enjoy the activity.
- Mazes: Not only are the mazes aligned to curriculum standards, they are SELF-CHECKING and engaging.
- Puzzles: Each time your student answers a question, a piece of a mystery image will reveal. If they get an answer wrong, they will know immediately since this puzzle is self-checking. When they get all answers correct, a math joke/pun will be revealed.
Suggestions for Use
- Warm Ups or Exit Tickets
- Assign half the activity as a warm-up and the other half as an exit ticket or mix it up a little!
- How about some healthy competition? Who can complete the maze first?
However you choose to use these products, get ready to assess without stress. They are available for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades!
FREE SAMPLES – Want to take a look for yourself? Click here to download a free version from each grade level.
Where to Buy?
- My blog store – all individual puzzles and mazes are available here. They were not all put on TPT because there are 95 items and I cannot sort them into folders or otherwise offer them in an “uncluttered” way. Grade level bundles and skill specific bundles are also available.
- TPT – Grade level bundles and skill specific bundles are available on TPT.
SALE – Through Saturday (July 31), all Beginnings and Beyond are discounted twenty-five percent. Use the code TAKE25 on all Beginnings and Beyond on my site. If you shop on TPT no code is needed.
Once you try them out, I’d love for you to email me and share your thoughts! Have a great evening!
Exclusive FREE Math Resources!
Provide your info to instantly receive access to a free resource library and stay up to date with tips, products and insider information!